Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wrong Respawn Order With Invalid Ship
My spacecraft was either in stasis or its life support system disabled, so I can't respawn to it. This is intended and excepted behavior.

However, I also have a home city declared. I would expect that to be the destination when I try to recall to an invalid ship. However, instead it is respawning me in random cities because I don't have a capital city.

Excepted order:
  1. Spacecraft berth
  2. Home city/building
  3. Empire capital city
  4. Random empire city
  5. Village of current habitable world
  6. A random empty habitable world

Also, it is impossible to close my helmet visor in time when loading in. Would be nice if respawning in a harsh environment would more reliably place me inside the building or maybe close my helmet visor (if the environment seal is intact). Could also just give a temporary invincibility until the avatar moves, so we don't start dying before having a chance to address the situation.
Died 3 times as my character kept respawning on random harsh environment worlds while my helmet visor was open.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Idea from this post: Power Armor auto close helmet on hostile environments unless manually opened.
We are the Dreadknought Conspiracy. Please discard all further questions.
(06-19-2019, 01:29 PM)Oggal Wrote: Idea from this post: Power Armor auto close helmet on hostile environments unless manually opened.

Yeah, but it doesn't help if your suit's environmental seal is broken.
See: (Bug report) Wrong home position - > Death loop -> Game unplayable

By the way: (Idea) Destroy Broken Clothing and Suits upon Death
I believe this to be fixed, pending the next server update.

The problem was caused by some validation code checking your spawn city, which might not be a "city" if it was just a random building. Recalling to a city only worked if you were tied to the capitol building, due to some obsolete logic. Now you should be able to tie to any building, even unincorporated buildings, which was the original intent.

This is the spawn sequence.
  1. Arena exit if you are in an arena.
  2. Berth aboard your ship. Ship must be private or you must be a passenger or you must not be an enemy.
  3. Home building. You must not be neutral or enemy.
  4. Galaxy capitol of your current galaxy. Building must belong to your empire.
  5. Capitol of a random city on your current side of the discontinuity. Building must belong to your empire.
  6. Empire/Universe capitol. Building must belong to your empire.
  7. Current habitable world. Must be suitable homeworld. Must have no buildings other than empire 0 or your own empire.
  8. Habitable world in current system. Must be suitable homeworld. Must have no buildings other than empire 0 or your own empire.
  9. Newly generated homeworld.
(12-05-2019, 05:54 PM)Haxus Wrote: The problem was caused by some validation code checking your spawn city, which might not be a "city" if it was just a random building. Recalling to a city only worked if you were tied to the capitol building, due to some obsolete logic. Now you should be able to tie to any building, even unincorporated buildings, which was the original intent.

That would explain my issue. Thanks!

(12-05-2019, 05:54 PM)Haxus Wrote: Berth aboard your ship. Ship must be private or you must be a passenger or you must not be an enemy.

Ship must be private? We can't recall to a berth on a fleet ship anymore?
Or you mean you can recall to a berth on an enemy ship if it is private or your have a passenger berth on it?
You can respawn to any ship if it is private.

You can respawn to any ship if you hold a passenger berth.

You can respawn to any ship if you hold a berth aboard and the ship's empire stance toward your empire is not enemy.
Never knew enemy could be passenger, cool.
(12-05-2019, 10:28 PM)jakbruce2012 Wrote: Never knew enemy could be passenger, cool.

I'm sure there are a few Star Trek episodes like this.
(12-05-2019, 09:38 PM)Haxus Wrote: You can respawn to any ship if you hold a passenger berth.

I should have knew it back then. >.>
(12-08-2019, 01:40 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 09:38 PM)Haxus Wrote: You can respawn to any ship if you hold a passenger berth.

I should have knew it back then. >.>

Wait, that means we can also request passenger berths on enemy ships if they have the spacecraft policy to auto accept passenger berth requests?