Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Can't Build Capitol?
Hello all.  I've been a Hazeron player on and off for a number of years and just recently came back to see how things have been progressing. I paid the $5 bucks for 15 days and I like what I see - excited to get back out to the stars.

Anyway, I've started as a new emperor and have managed to build some unincorporated buildings in order to produce raw materials and such. I'm ready to found my first city but I can not find the capitol building anywhere in the build screen. I also don't see the police station as an option.  I took a deep dive into the wiki, tried youtube, briefly searched the forums, and then did all those things again. I just can't seem to find the answer.  I guess I'm missing some information somewhere... 

Could someone please instruct me on what needs to be done to place a capitol and found a city?
Hi Mate,

You'll want the "Government" tab on the construction menu

[Image: JhMZhex.png]

The buildings within are, from left to right, top to bottom:
Capitol - Acts as a hub for all of your buildings, claims planet and area enforced by police stations.
Mass Media - Deprecated. No function atm.
Observatory - surveys your system, required for an officer to spawn
Bank - holds money, can make bullion from metals.
Police Station enforces jurisdiction - sets the 'range' of your capitol.
University - Tech hub, can make patents here
Fire Station - Puts out fires.
Hospital - Stops infant mortality, might cure pops if you get disease, not sure.
(01-17-2019, 07:28 PM)James Wrote: Hi Mate,

You'll want the "Government" tab on the construction menu

[Image: JhMZhex.png]

The buildings within are, from left to right, top to bottom:
Capitol - Acts as a hub for all of your buildings, claims planet and area enforced by police stations.
Mass Media - Deprecated. No function atm.
Observatory - surveys your system, required for an officer to spawn
Bank - holds money, can make bullion from metals.
Police Station enforces jurisdiction - sets the 'range' of your capitol.
University - Tech hub, can make patents here
Fire Station - Puts out fires.
Hospital - Stops infant mortality, might cure pops if you get disease, not sure.

Hi James -

Thank you for your explanation. The government tab is where I thought I should find what I was looking for. Strangely, I seem to be missing the Capitol, Bank and Police Station as options.  It is possible I have managed to overlook the icons but I believe it is unlikely as I have some Hazeron experience. I am currently at work so I will double check for operator error when I get home.  If they are not there I will try a fresh install and see how it goes.  Thanks again for your response, as I thought maybe some construction options had been "gated" for new players until a requirement was met. You have cleared that misconception up for me.
(01-17-2019, 08:18 PM)Heron Wrote: Thank you for your explanation. The government tab is where I thought I should find what I was looking for. Strangely, I seem to be missing the Capitol, Bank and Police Station as options.

You can't build a Capitol before you have founded an empire. You have to handcraft a flag in order to found the empire.

It is rather confusing that the buttons ate plain missing when you haven't founded an empire yet. The buttons should be there but be crossed out and a message shown that explains you need to found an empire.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(01-17-2019, 08:43 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 08:18 PM)Heron Wrote: Thank you for your explanation. The government tab is where I thought I should find what I was looking for. Strangely, I seem to be missing the Capitol, Bank and Police Station as options.

You can't build a Capitol before you have founded an empire. You have to handcraft a flag in order to found the empire.

It is rather confusing thst the buttons ate plain missing when you haven't founded an empire yet. The buttons should be there but be crossed out and a message shown that explains you need to found an empire.

Thank you Deantwo-

Now I understand where I went wrong.  When I was researching on the wiki I saw that the Town Square was no longer a thing - replaced by the capitol building. In prior iterations of Hazeron the only reason I ever bothered to craft a flag was to place a town square. With it gone, I no longer thought it was necessary. I'm sure that has been my problem.  Thank you for the simple solution.

Might I suggest an edit to the wiki?  In particular, an added explanation in the "Building Your First City" page about the need for founding an empire through crafting a flag. I now see that the explanation is present in the "Starting as an Emperor" article but I managed to miss it in trying to skip ahead to city management.

I appreciate you taking the time to point me down the right path.
(01-17-2019, 09:09 PM)Heron Wrote: Might I suggest an edit to the wiki?  In particular, an added explanation in the "Building Your First City" page about the need for founding an empire through crafting a flag. I now see that the explanation is present in the "Starting as an Emperor" article but I managed to miss it in trying to skip ahead to city management.

Yeah, I'll add a note about it in the Nation Age part of the guide. Since you don't actually need to make a capitol until then.
I'm sure that not all new and returning players will be quite as dense as I have been on this topic but the note can't hurt.  Thanks again for your help.
(01-17-2019, 09:28 PM)Heron Wrote: I'm sure that not all new and returning players will be quite as dense as I have been on this topic but the note can't hurt.  Thanks again for your help.

It is a common question, so don't worry about it. ^^
It's okay.
The more questions you ask now, the less we'll have to answer later.