Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2018-06-08 Building Construction, Hospitals, Discord
Building Construction
Buildings are allowed to totally overlap other buildings.

A slight change was made. The origin point of a new building must not fall within the site of an existing building when you are placing it.

This does not prevent a building that is placed later from overlapping the origin point of an existing building. That will change. I overlooked it until now.

This change does not affect existing buildings. They will remain where they are and their function will not change.

Designer Drag/Copy Bug
When using the designer on line, a part that is dragged while holding the Ctrl key is copied but the copy does not become visible until you undo/redo or make other changes.

Fixed. This bug did not affect the off-line designer.

Hospital Material Requirements
Hospital material requirements are kind of high tech, due to the surgery station.

Surgery station, with surgery module, no longer adds plastic, electronic parts, or mechanical parts to a building design.

Hospital Morale Effect
Hospital morale penalty in city report says it needs surgery stations, which is incorrect.

Hospitals are tallied by the number of offices they have, not the number of surgery stations. I missed changing the wording in the city report when I changed that requirement. It's a lot easier to allocate space to lots of offices than it is to create lots of surgery stations.

No Hospital Design
There is no hospital design in the blueprint exchange.

A free basic hospital design was posted to the Building Blueprint Exchange. It has 41 offices so it should service a sizeable population of 3280 people, at 80 people per office.

This design uncovered a couple of bugs but they aren't a factor when tallying hospitals for morale effects. The bugs are:
  • Front steps are hard to climb unless you jump.
  • You cannot enter the surgery station or hospital bed.
I am working at eliminating the negative morale modifiers from my new city. I will be posting more building designs as needed to accomplish that task.

Hospital Under Construction
When a hospital is under construction, you can see the screen for the surgery station while the building is just a framework of beams.

Display screens and a few other misc. parts are no longer displayed while a building is under construction. This bug affected all buildings, not just hospitals.

Spacecraft Take Off
A spacecraft design would not take off with AI at the helm but a human pilot could do it.

Fixed an error in the maximum vertical thrust limit imposed when AI operated the helm. This also affected forward acceleration in atmosphere.

Discord
Lots of people ask to have a Shores of Hazeron presence on Discord.

This one is for Deantwo. I'll try to figure this thing out.

This is the invite link. I don't think you need it if you are already a Discorder.

https://discord.gg/CPrpDzJ
(06-08-2018, 09:42 PM)Haxus Wrote: Hospital Under Construction
When a hospital is under construction, you can see the screen for the surgery station while the building is just a framework of beams.

Display screens and a few other misc. parts are no longer displayed while a building is under construction. This bug affected all buildings, not just hospitals.

Can I just say, this bugged me for ages! Thanks so much for fixing this!
What even
Help. I heard a couple of boinks and the Discord icon got a red dot on it. What do I do now?
This just means that there's a new message in one of the different discord server channels. You can generally look at the vertical list on the left hand side to see what server the message is on, then each channel will have a new message.
I'm getting it now. Just a moment of panic.

Btw, here's a cool video I just posted to various places.

https://youtu.be/ZfkmTwy_390
(06-08-2018, 09:42 PM)Haxus Wrote: Hospital Material Requirements
Hospital material requirements are kind of high tech, due to the surgery station.

Surgery station, with surgery module, no longer adds plastic, electronic parts, or mechanical parts to a building design.

Do they still require textiles? Old-style hospital required textiles, and that seemed fair enough since you can make textile from basic materials without any patents.

(06-08-2018, 09:42 PM)Haxus Wrote: Spacecraft Take Off
A spacecraft design would not take off with AI at the helm but a human pilot could do it.

Fixed an error in the maximum vertical thrust limit imposed when AI operated the helm. This also affected forward acceleration in atmosphere.

This has been an issue forever, I think. Awesome to have it fixed!
The idea of it affecting forward acceleration is a little bit worrying though. Fingers crossed.

(06-08-2018, 09:42 PM)Haxus Wrote: Discord
Lots of people ask to have a Shores of Hazeron presence on Discord.

This one is for Deantwo. I'll try to figure this thing out.

This is the invite link. I don't think you need it if you are already a Discorder.

https://discord.gg/CPrpDzJ

Haha, it was fun seeing you suddenly log onto Discord.
Just wish I had had more time. I am at the airport right now waiting to board a plane to Toronto, so I was busy getting ready last night. Not to mention finding out about the sudden rescheduling of my flight last night was quite surprising.
Can't you just fly me instead? XD

I had pretty much given up on you joining Discord. I mean I know you are busy and everything. Plus as you might already have noticed, it is just a chatroom kinda thing, there is nothing super special about it and I think we have all the community stuff over there managed for you.

I'll post an announcement about not bugging you too much on Discord and to only report bugs on the forum (or in-game).
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I'm so sad I missed Haxus on Discord, I'll have to be on another day though.
(06-11-2018, 02:33 AM)jakbruce2012 Wrote: I'm so sad I missed Haxus on Discord, I'll have to be on another day though.

Haxus does not want to join voice chat, so you didn't miss too much. ^^;
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo