Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Landscaping Undone & Broken

Around 5:00 AM EST this morning, a friend and I were mid-game when suddenly nearly all of the landscaping we've done over the past few days was undone. Furthermore, since that happened, we have been unable to use any landscaping or road-creation functions. The tools allow the user to select them like normal, but upon confirming the action, there is no result. Building placement seems to remain functional.
However, the area my settlement is in was originally under heavy jungle, so the inability to grade or landscape has completely halted further progression.

Aside from a fix itself, we've both been set back a couple days and counting already - if there is any way we could receive some game time back for the days of our paid subscription lost, it would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies for the length of this post. Let me know if there are any further details I can provide that might assist in troubleshooting towards a resolution.

At least a name of the system this happening in, along with your character ID's (preferable) or names would be helpful.

hello, I will put some important information here

Our names and ID:
kirakira - PQSSLND
RedShift - XOXXKND

Location name data:
City: "Woodvale", located at 97 degrees West, 10 degrees North
City: "Home City of Aridia", located at 83 degrees West, 30 degrees North
Solar System: "Home System of Aridia" - GKG'WMC'WM'a
World map says "Home System of Aridia Alpha I claimed by Aridia"

Issue/bug:
landscaping failsafe or error causing all landscaping and roads to disappear and prevent any new landscaping/roads

Bug severity:
completely hindering ability to play and progress

Details:
in the city "Woodvale", RedShift was doing some landscaping over a large hill, and it seems to have caused some sort of failsafe program to remove all of the landscaping/road features to either disappear or disable themselves, including "Clear Area".

we aren't able to use the landscaping any more and the one event caused it to seemingly stop it from working planet-wide.
we haven't gotten to space yet, so I'm not sure if it is only the planet or not

my entire main city, "Home City of Aridia", was affected as it is on the same planet, but for some reason there is a very few remaining level grades visible by hovering with the bulldozer tool. about 6 of them, still existing at my main city by hovering with the bulldozer tool, they seem to still be leveling the terrain still. I also think they may have been the very first 6 to ever have been placed.

buildings are still functioning and affecting the terrain, my city's buildings are in the ground with small walls of terrain and small drops of terrain around them.

so it seems like maybe there is a Level-Grade landscaping failsafe or maybe the program is hanging when it attempts to landscape the large hill RedShift placed at, and then maybe the code stops the function upon attempting to place the one which caused everything to stop working?

all landscaping outside of my city is not visible hovering with the bulldozer tool or otherwise, though if the location matters of the placement which seemed to have caused the issue, it is the large hill to the immediate right of the city hall's forward orientation, in Woodvale.

---
thank you,
kirakira

So the landscaping tools are semi-functional now. They're changing the land, but grading refuses to produce a flat surface. 

[Image: 1ddea0929d.jpg]

(10-28-2018, 10:53 PM)RedShift Wrote: So the landscaping tools are semi-functional now. They're changing the land, but grading refuses to produce a flat surface. 

[x]

Can you please supply some steps to reproduce?
I am not sure if you placed that building before or after the grading.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

The building was placed before grading, that screenshot was taken after a level grade was applied to the area. That's all I did to produce that result.

(10-28-2018, 11:50 PM)RedShift Wrote: The building was placed before grading, that screenshot was taken after a level grade was applied to the area. That's all I did to produce that result.

Grading does not affect already placed buildings, so in that particular case it is working as intended and therefore not a bug. Unless I am misunderstanding something.

If you place a building on top of the grading it should following the grading's height. Assuming that the blueprint's center (the point the cursor and arrow is at) is on the grading.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(10-29-2018, 06:24 AM)Deantwo Wrote: Grading does not affect already placed buildings, so in that particular case it is working as intended and therefore not a bug. Unless I am misunderstanding something.

his city hall building is placed on natural land which is 3 meters above sea level, so when he places the level-grade landscaping thing, it goes way up high above the natural land, I think.
my city is also still completely un-level and unconnected from the bug, I can't continue the research and stuff because all of my buildings are disconnected from each other and I wasn't able to build roads or fix anything after the bug

hopefully after a bug fix all of my roads and landscaping will be back in my city, but if it can't be recovered I don't mind re landscaping my whole city once the landscaping is fixed on our silly world

my game time is running out slowly so I am a little worried

--
thank you for your time!
kirakira

Note that while I'm able to (sort of) use grading now, I just learned from kirakira that you're supposed to be able to bulldoze grading - that isn't working for me. 
To be clear, the game is still basically unplayable, and my membership time is wasting.

hello! when this bug happened, I was afraid that trying to landscape my city more would cause issues, so I left it as-is hoping that once the bug was fixed, it would return to normal and all of my roads and landscaping would come back on it's own

today when I logged in I was able to delete the very few level-grades which still existed in my city, and I was also able to use level-grade again.
so I re-landscaped and added roads again to my whole city, and it is re connected and back to normal now. yay!

and then I went to RedShift's city which had landscaping all over the place from him trying to fix it before, when he wasn't able to delete them.
I was able to delete them all and fix the landscaping in his area. so that is very good news, I think!

the bug seems to be fixed, though it's very unfortunate that it stopped us from playing for 5 days as we have been wanting to play very much.
we are passionate about playing the game!

is there any possibility that we could have a 5-day subscription credit for the time that we were unable to play due to the bug?
our subscription ends on November 7th and we haven't made it to space yet! I think we will start playing again tomorrow!

-
thank you for reading and for any effort you might have done to fix the bug!
kirakira