Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ Future State ] - Game Events, NPC Dialog, diplomacy

Background: This was posted in another thread and it needed to be moved here. 

Scope: This suggestion takes place during/after NPC empires and shows an example of what could be fun with game events, NPC dialog, a diplomacy system, as well as a trade dialog system based on empire relations.  

Context: The original tread this was posted in covered using the spawned asteroid in the new empire that uses that scenario as a game event with NPC empires.  

"Captains log...I have decided to forgo the prime directive and save this primitive species from utter doom."...

Seriously that is a good idea Deantwo. I've always imagined that when Haxus adds AI friendly/neutral/enemy empires to the game that "Quests/events/missions" could trigger. Something that is fun for all. 

I warn the readers below, this example involves other systems of game play that have not been created yet or even approved.

Example: A planet is facing a horrible plague and reaches out to you when they detect you entering the system. You decide to return contact and speak with their leaders. (I always imagined a simple dialog system with the avatar bio picture or something similar to let you see who you are speaking to in dialog menus).

You pick from the menu the options to help them out of 5 options lets say. Options could vary between, just helping, extorsion, to flat out waiting until they all die to conquer them, and even just leaving them to their fate. Ok so you decide to help them, you provide them a quantity of the appropriate Q level medical supplies (Perhaps you have to make a special trip with medical supplies or send another ship). 

I also imagined the diplomacy system when implemented would work on a point based system to determine alignment of the various empires. This being a quest, would have a significant boost that would give you a huge point bonus allowing you to ally if you decided to help vs extort. 

Oh wow...this empire that you just saved manufactures high Q level oil. Now that you are allies, the dialog menu system has more options including investing in their planet and infrastructure. You ask them to invest heavily in their oil production by providing them a large sum of money to fund the investment. From the same menu system you could open the trade dialog screen and setup a broker connection. They most likely would want to buy stuff from you too, that would require negotiation. Not just for price but for quantity per shipment. You don't want someone to buy up all of your goods.   

The asteroid event could be just another event on the list that leads to all of the above. 

There is so much potential here it's staggering...Random events, trade, dialog, and more will make this a top tier space game and make the universe so alive. There are so many events you could come up with...just start ripping plot lines from star trek and your good  

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]