Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Billion HP pirate cantinas

Cantinas have way too much HP. While Brood Defenders appear to have a similar or more HP, they can be destroyed by RNG in a few shots or after a minute or three of blasting away. The pirate cantinas however do not have this feature. Crew, even with berserk activated, and an officer at the con will not attack the cantina.

Image below is from over an hour and a half of blasting, I coded a toggle autoclicker and returned home to see that it had only made a dent.
https://files.catbox.moe/z0ltz9.png

Duplicate of http://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2667
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

A cantina is a civilian building.

Civilian buildings cannot be destroyed while there is a military base on the world.

Is it possible this was the case? Was the pirate HQ building still standing?

Civilian cities/buildings CAN be damaged, which reduces their ability to manufacture things. Civilian cities can be bombed as a nuisance but they cannot be destroyed until the military base is removed. Then you could just build your own military base and all civilian buildings on the world become yours. You do not have to destroy civilian cities at all.

(12-07-2023, 07:31 PM)Haxus Wrote: A cantina is a civilian building.

Civilian buildings cannot be destroyed while there is a military base on the world.

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask about that.
But it is a known issue that some pirate buildings show up as having MASSIVE amounts of health, not jus the cantinas. As you can see discussed in the old thread.

(12-07-2023, 07:31 PM)Haxus Wrote: Then you could just build your own military base and all civilian buildings on the world become yours. You do not have to destroy civilian cities at all.

You just have to claim the world with a flag, don't have to actually build a military HQ. Then you can bulldoze the cantina.

Of course this require you you have destroyed all the military buildings and the military HQ first.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Yeah, it's not just limited to cantinas, the military buildings are also sometimes shown as having billions of HP. There definitely seems to be some pirate-specific HP display bug
What even

(12-07-2023, 07:31 PM)Haxus Wrote: A cantina is a civilian building.

Civilian cities/buildings CAN be damaged, which reduces their ability to manufacture things. Civilian cities can be bombed as a nuisance but they cannot be destroyed until the military base is removed. Then you could just build your own military base and all civilian buildings on the world become yours. You do not have to destroy civilian cities at all.

Yes, that was most likely the case. The HQ was still standing but at 0/750, and also was invulnerable at that point in that instance above screenshot. I was able to fix this by saving, exiting, reloading the game and giving the HQ another hit which was the one that finally destroyed it.

I think this may have something specifically to do with the default included Haxus building designs:

Decided to attack my own empire's military structures, most of them got instantly destroyed by my ship's energy weapon, but then I saw this:
[Image: bTXEkl1.png]

I then shot a third time and its 3 billion HP didn't matter and it got destroyed anyway

After some more random shooting, and after having completely destroyed the military HQ, the capitol showed this:
[Image: nmXlYCD.png]
This number was also shown when "Spotting" it from the ground:
[Image: V6Q50YE.png]

I decided to go check the actual designs in the exchanges to see what the intended HP value is, but even there it showed ridiculous numbers:
(Capitol by Haxus)
[Image: bvKTkGA.png]
(Guard Post with 16m Gate by Haxus)
[Image: GU9F9Vt.png]

So there's definitely some very severe HP calculation bug, at least with the default included designs. I haven't seen this happen yet for non-Haxus building designs, if that matters at all

Edit: I also saw this in the designs, maybe this is the cause?

Armor 10 Absorbs 18%+198hp Damage
Framework 564% of Structure
What even

Seeing this again for a Seledon pirate base building design
[Image: dMcRKmf.png]
What even

This problem is caused by an inconsistency between the building subsystem volumes and the overall volume of the building itself. This error also afflicts some spacecraft blueprints.

I updated the building and spacecraft blueprint finalize functions to catch this situation and report it as an error. It also tells you how to fix it, which simply requires a refresh of the obstacles data and then to Ok the properties. A careful look at the subsystem volumes is recommended.

I also fixed the total hit points function to return a reasonable number when this situation occurs. The giant number was due to a negative number that got cast as an unsigned integer.

The default building and spacecraft blueprints should be reviewed and republished as necessary. There is no time for that today. I'll do it right away next week.

Thanks! Can confirm it's fixed with my capitol
What even