Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Return of city missions

If I remember correctly, you could get missions from other player's cities (in 2014-2015), where they would ask you to deliver some good that they lacked, or pharmaceuticals against a disease or even go kill some pirates (or pirate station don't remember) that would spawn in that (or another?) system.

They appeared I think under F8 missions? or was it from trade channel?

Don't remember exactly how it worked, but could we perhaps now get such missions from our own cities?

- bring/mine raw resources and/or fill shortages of other goods (incuding food, weapons, air) that colony or pick up and bring it to another colony.
- defend against impending pirate attack against the city
- destroy pirates threatening trade vessels around a specific planet/system
- bounty hunting
- transport civilians
- fight diseases
- rescue stranded or injured pilot/civilians
- salvage/tow a destroyed ship
- refuel a stranded ship
- bring spare parts to repair an incapacitated ship
- capture/destroy pirate station
- capture/destroy pirate village/city

Idk about the repair/refuel ship missions though, because it would require artifcially spawning in ship of your own faction. It could be neutral ships (but then the question is where did they come from? What empire are they from?)

Yeah I remember those. That would be great to bring back as a nice complement to friendly generated AI empires.

The randomly generated missions/quests/jobs still exist, they were just changed a little.

You no longer have an easy list of jobs your can accept. You have to talk to the NPC citizens or crew and they will tell if they have a job available.

I would love if it one of the buildings could get a job board, like we had back in the day. Talking to random NPC citizens and hope they have a job you are interested in gets tiring.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(12-02-2023, 11:15 AM)Deantwo Wrote: The randomly generated missions/quests/jobs still exist, they were just changed a little.

You no longer have an easy list of jobs your can accept. You have to talk to the NPC citizens or crew and they will tell if they have a job available.

I didn't even know this was a thing

The problem is there's no reason to do jobs, you can mint + withdraw any amount of money from a bank instantly, there's no reason to do any actual moneymaking method, including trading/passenger transporting/taxation
What even

(12-02-2023, 11:25 AM)Celarious Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 11:15 AM)Deantwo Wrote: The randomly generated missions/quests/jobs still exist, they were just changed a little.

I didn't even know this was a thing

The problem is there's no reason to do jobs, you can mint + withdraw any amount of money from a bank instantly, there's no reason to do any actual moneymaking method, including trading/passenger transporting/taxation

I would love to see the system evolve into a reputation/diplomatic relation system with the other NPC emperors. It would be perfect for that.