Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New City creation attempt in different resource zone - Jurisdiction issue

When I try to create a second city in a different resource zone, it lets me place a city hall, name the city, and create other buildings, but when I attempt to place the Police station the following message appears and does not allow placement:  "Creates Overlapping City Jurisdictions".  

I am hundreds of KM from the first city, just over the boarder into the next resource zone, could I be too close to a resource zone boarder?

Resource zones have no relation.
You should either build a new Capitol, or build your police station within a jurisdiction of another capitol or Police Station.

Ref: http://hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Police_Station

(08-16-2018, 06:28 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: Resource zones have no relation.
You should either build a new Capitol, or build your police station within a jurisdiction of another capitol or Police Station.

Ref: http://hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Police_Station

Perhaps this could be tested?   I'll try a new city in the next resource zone and test to make sure I am getting the same results.   My results indicate that building a capital near the resource zone boarder and then building a police station near the capital causes the notice "Creates Overlapping City Jurisdictions" and prevents the Police station to be built.    I subsequently moved the police station further away from the resource zone boarder and the City hall and then I was able to place the Police station.

Resource zones are not a factor.

Due to a recent change, the jurisdiction radius of published police stations may have increased a lot. It is possible your police station at the first city encompasses a large portion of the world.

I republished my own designs but there are others that may need updating.