Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Been gone for a while some questions about the new designer.
So I have been toying around with the new designer, the problems I have run into is you can't make a saucer shaped vessel with the extrusion tool.  If you try and set it to the Z axis it goes completely flat.  

My old race was based around the concept of being... well little grey men.
It should be possible to creay a saucer shape with the spindle tool. On phone currently, will post demo later.
Or create a shpere and use the stretch tool on it to make it flatter.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Or use Blender and export the shape in 3ds format.
Video 

The first part of the video is the most relevant.
I will upload the assembly when my avatar is out of limbo.
(07-24-2018, 12:07 PM)5crownik007 Wrote:
The first part of the video is the most relevant.
I will upload the assembly when my avatar is out of limbo.

Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for.  Now I can get back to work getting my little grey men back into their correct ship designs.
I am trying to use the spindle but what ever i do every time it end up with so meting ways to big. I am trying to do a sink drain but the drain end up being about 1 1/2 the size of the sink. How can it control the size of it. I try doing in about 2mm one time and it was still bigger that the 46cm sink. It doesn't make any scene to me. Can we control the size of the spindle?
(02-07-2020, 08:49 PM)Norm49 Wrote: I am trying to use the spindle but what ever i do every time it end up with so meting ways to big. I am trying to do a sink drain but the drain end up being about 1 1/2 the size of the sink. How can it control the size of it. I try doing in about 2mm one time and it was still bigger that the 46cm sink. It doesn't make any scene to me. Can we control the size of the spindle?

Spindles draw a circle around the defined axis once you define how many 'steps' aka angles are in that circle, so you only have to draw a cross section of 1 'quarter' of the circule, then ask the tool to draw a circule around the axis, and you can draw it around any axis, look at my pic, the red line is the X axis, and once I tell it to draw it around the red line at 24 'steps' it forms the saucer disc you want. Ofc you can make it in any direction you want, just have to define what axis you want it around  :)

[Image: hNdDlRpl.png?1]

Which becomes; 

[Image: H0CxrcXl.png?1]

Another example, here I draw the same thing but when you first enter the designer, the grid is now flat; 

[Image: ivxsq0gl.png?1]

Which becomes, notice how its more smoother? because I added double the amount of steps around the spindle; 

[Image: g2LdQvRl.png?1]

Final example, it doesn't have to be a monolithic saucer around a single point like a dome either, you can make 'rings' and 'halos' super easy with spindles. Imo, spindles are probably the single most important tool in the stock designer, and enable so many things if you use your imagination.

[Image: oMqvAUal.png?1]
[Image: Aj3W0RFl.png?1]
Best way to make a ship, make your hull with a 3d editor:

https://www.blender.org/
https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-...re/3ds-max

Then import it to hazeron and make->hull.
(02-17-2020, 06:32 PM)Xantheose Wrote: Best way to make a ship, make your hull with a 3d editor:

That's only half the work. And arguably the easier half. You can make a hull simple enough in the editor.
The difficulties are the interior, and all of that other stuff. Like, windows, doors, landing gears, collisions, ramps... Etc...