Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2018-07-20 Weapon Bases and Guard Towers
If we just need to get everything working, before balancing, I can't complain.

I hope we can all agree that the pendulum, ultimately, needs to come to rest somewhere in the middle, for the sake of gameplay. When city defences were too weak, a defender could make up for it by hiding. When defences are too strong, the attacker has no way around it.

QuakeIV gives additional sound reasons for adopting the long-rage solution, at least on a test basis.
(07-21-2018, 05:24 PM)Vectorus Wrote: QuakeIV gives additional sound reasons for adopting the long-rage solution, at least on a test basis.

The long-rage solution has been a traditional Weltreichian approach to warfare for many universes, I think it'd be a good option.

I think the kind of shields Quake mentioned would be an ideal solution. They'd prevent the rapid conquering of entire empires within a few hours, which was the main problem the old system had, and allow defenders to respond to any attacks being made.
Syndicate also kept suggesting such a system to prevent empires being griefed while the players were away, which I think would fix a lot of issues with the old combat system
What even