Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Return of loading passengers into vehicles, and rewards to allow "freelancer gameplay

Not an urgent matter, but imo, it would be cool if these would return at some point:

In the old city system you could load citizens and crew with vehicles like a space transport and SUV etc (possibly beause you could contact the city/buildings in trade channel without needing a spaceship)
From Wayback Machine, 2014 SoH game manual (Communication):
"Load Passengers
Offers empty stateroom berths or vehicle seats to passengers looking for transport. Loads Passengers while aboard a spacecraft. You must be an officer of the ship. Loads Passengers into a vehicle that has empty seats. Transmit on the Trade channel to initiate contact with a city."

- This allowed for Citizen players (non-goverment members) to make money by ferrying passengers to the moon with a spacetransport or even between two cities on your starter planet, with a helicopter/sailboat.
- Additionaly doing construction labour would net you some cash (I think maybe because of the reward system?). The emperor could also set rewards for exploration, founding cities and other things.
-The missions I already mentioned in another thread.

Why u ask, when we can take millions from the bank?

Well, when playing as a citizen character, instead of emperor, this allowed you to basically have this Freelancer/Elite experience, where u start small and then work towards a larger (private) ship, in the Hazeron universe. I started one such character today and noticed you can't really do alot anymore. Yes you can take a loan of 50k, but that allows you to only buy 2 ships currently available in the Workshop.( I could ofc design new ones). The only mission you get is "ship needs captain, take control of this huge ship without having any credentials whatsoever for free", which feels like cheating.

Also I noticed that my citizen character could buy things from a Retail Shop at a habitable planet, but not from a Retail Shop at the moon. (not sure if bug?)

Alot of this neat little details that existed before seem to not have been transferred to the new system. Yes ofc emperors don't need those, but it's sandbox and giving yourself a challenge without infinite money is fun (without using a free empire ship). You could basically create the world with your emperor(s), set up trade routes, passenger ferries, partols, ... . Then play around as a citizen/stateless trader, taxi, miner, bounty hunter, pirate & do missions in that universe you created.

Dunno if I'm the only one, but I think it would be nice to have this back in the long term.

Messages In This Thread
Return of loading passengers into vehicles, and rewards to allow "freelancer gameplay - by Ivan - 12-16-2023, 06:20 AM