Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D Modeling improvements to the Designer.

Those are a lot of good additions. I'd like to add to that the issue of command bleed. For example, pressing 'X' while having a bunch of verts grabbed for movement to limit it to the X axis will cause the avatar to go prone. Same with Shift+S causing the avatar to sit and potentially a bunch of others.

But back on the geometry side: Since making that post and playing more with the designer, i've come to find out that "Jig Cut" is way more busted than i thought! It is practically unusable. The geometry it creates in the cut areas is horrendous! Sometimes it creates geometry(faces) which extends out of the cut area. The more complex the cut area is, the more likely this issue is to crop up, limiting the usability of Jig Cut basically to rectangular cuts on flat faces. Even then, i've seen it affect things in unrelated areas of the mesh. It behaves nothing like i'd expect a typical boolean difference operation to behave.

Regarding which: The three standard Bool operations should be included: Difference, Union and Intersection.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3D Modeling improvements to the Designer. - by Strik3r - 12-13-2023, 12:14 PM